Friday 8 April 2016

My inspirations

Audrey_Hepburn_Roman_Holiday_cropped3
Audrey Hepburn
May 4 1929-  Jan 20 1993
For me Audrey Hepburn was the epitome of elegance, both in her choice of clothing and the way that she carried herself in public. I’m not sure when exactly she became one of my heroes, or when I first watched her in a film, but I do know that after seeing her in Roman Holiday, her fun and excitement over life, seemingly crossing the line between fiction and truth, I wanted to see something else that she was in.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s was the next film of hers that I got my hands on, and I loved it as well. Despite the terrible and utterly racist depiction of her neighbour, the rest of it was a lot of fun, and I admired the fact that Holly wasn’t wholly likable. She possesses a lot of good qualities, but the confusion that she feels, makes her treat Paul Varjack, in a not entirely pleasant way.
She wasn’t scared to take roles that challenged her, taking roles as diverse as a teacher accused of being a lesbian (Children’s Hour 1961), a chauffeur’s daughter who becomes a chef (Sabrina 1954) and Maid Marian late in her life (Robin and Marian 1976).
It reveals how strong her power and charisma was, as despite the fact that she stopped taking lead roles regularly in the sixties, and has been dead since 1993, that she still has the power to sell merchandise, and is still idolised by people across the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment